INTERNSHIP: EUROPEAN MARKET ANALYST
About the Company
CBD-Intel.com is a news-led, analytical, and independent resource, focused on tracking regulatory change and market intelligence for the e-cigarette sector. For more detail see: www.cbd-intel.com
The e-cigarette market was estimated to be worth $2 billion in 2013 and is growing at dazzling speed, with some analysts predicting it will overtake the traditional tobacco cigarette market within ten years.
Our clients include: tobacco giants, pharmaceutical companies, e-cigarette manufacturers and retailers, liquid producers etc.. We provide them with regulatory and market news, business intelligence from around the world, a growing database of essential industry information and tailored research to help them to make sense of this rapidly changing industry.
This is an exciting time to work in an industry that shifts daily.
We are looking for a European Analyst starting immediately for a minimum of 2 months, which we hope will be extended into a permanent role for the right individual.
The Analyst will be responsible for performing research and analysis of the European e-cigarette markets with a particular focus on France, Germany, Poland and the UK.
Reporting directly to the Director of Market Analysis, this role will involve: internet research, telephone interviews, analysis/presentation of findings and maintenance of information.
The position is based at our offices in Barcelona.
Working for CBD-Intel.com is an exciting opportunity as we offer:
- Interesting and challenging tasks in a friendly environment
- significant learning experience: a hands on introduction to research skills working directly with senior management
- opportunity to work on strategic issues and influence business decisions in one of the world´s new disruptive industries
More than a specific academic background or educational profile, we are looking for energy and an entrepreneurial spirit: CBD-Intel.com is start-up where commitment, new ideas, suggestions and polyvalence are valued more than your grades!
Previous experience in research or consulting is not mandatory, however, we expect candidates to have:
- thoroughness: you cross your “i”s and dot your “t”s !!!
- tenacity: you don´t give up easily !
- curiosity: you like to get to the bottom of things
- strong analytical skills: you can structure a problem, ask relevant questions and challenge your own output
- resourcefulness: you don´t get freaked out by new situations and come up with creative solutions
- high level of English is essential: French/German/Polish valued
The e-cigarette market was estimated to be worth $2 billion in 2013 and is growing at dazzling speed, with some analysts predicting it will overtake the traditional tobacco cigarette market within ten years. New and apparently safer technologies, declining popularity of tobacco, and a range of smoking bans are among the drivers of its growth.
There are huge interests at stake, including the existing tobacco giants, pharmaceutical companies protecting sales of nicotine replacement therapies, government tax revenues, and public health. The e-cigarette industry itself, meanwhile, is a jigsaw of relatively small and innovative startups.
Regulation is fragmented, and changing fast. Opinions are vehement. Successful policy solutions will have to address many competing, often contradictory agendas, making this one of the most intriguing sectors to cover today.
How to apply
Please send a CV or other relevant information and a note explaining why you’re right for the job to email@example.com